Wednesday, November 14, 2007

In At 24, Out At 34!

I just wanted to give a quick update. I am scheduled to be discharged on Friday!!! Woo Hoo! Friday marks 34 weeks. I will continue the medication and strict bedrest at home for another week and then at 35 weeks (the day after Thanksgiving) we will start tapering off the meds and will increase my activity level. If the boys haven't arrived by 36 weeks, the doctor will go ahead and schedule delivery. So, that's the plan. We should have healthy babies that can go home with us in two weeks!!! It's hard to believe how far we've come. When we first checked in, I honestly could not wrap my brain around the idea of being here this long. It really was a day-by-day, week-by-week mindset. Here we are 66 days later!!! Hard to believe. My nurse told me yesterday that we're getting close to the "Antepartem Record." Shane thinks it would be worth it to stay a little longer to set a new record...not really a title I want to hold!!! We are excited to be going home and at the same time feeling a little overwhelmed by it. We've just gotten into such a routine here and have everything we need right at our fingertips. It will be different at home and I'm going to do my best to be compliant and stay down for at least another week! Shane has been mourning these past few days the loss of the high-speed internet and cable TV (ESPN), seeing how we don't have those luxeries at home! I think that if they'd let him, he'd opt to stay as the patient and hang out here...sad but true!
We feel so blessed and know that it is because of the faith, fasting, and prayers in our behalf. Thank you, thank you for all the love and support. We have been well cared for and are so grateful! TWO MORE DAYS!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! Time flies! I can't believe it is almost time to have the boys. We hope all keeps going well for you and your family.

Carol Lambert said...

WHAT??? Why would you want to go home? Laundry to do, dishes to wash, floors to scrub, beds to make, dinners to cook, etc. etc. etc. Man, I would stay right where you are! I am so happy for all of you, but promise me that you will be super careful and take it easy -- be a lazy slob like your poor old Dad! (I can only say that because I know how technology challenged he is, and that he will never read this!) Keep this blog going after you go home. I love staying in touch this way. It's a lot cheaper than driving to Boise and a lot faster, too! We will keep praying for all of you and hope for Thanksgiving babies. Just think, you could be back in the hospital for their delicious Thanksgiving dinner ... and Shane could watch all the football games on ESPN! What a great deal!
Love,
Carol

Carol Lambert said...

WHAT??? Why would you want to go home? Laundry to do, dishes to wash, floors to scrub, beds to make, dinners to cook, etc. etc. etc. Man, I would stay right where you are! I am so happy for all of you, but promise me that you will be super careful and take it easy -- be a lazy slob like your poor old Dad! (I can only say that because I know how technology challenged he is, and that he will never read this!) Keep this blog going after you go home. I love staying in touch this way. It's a lot cheaper than driving to Boise and a lot faster, too! We will keep praying for all of you and hope for Thanksgiving babies. Just think, you could be back in the hospital for their delicious Thanksgiving dinner ... and Shane could watch all the football games on ESPN! What a great deal!
Love,
Carol

MariePhotographie said...

AMY! That's SO awesome! I'm glad everything is going so well! Holy cow, you're going to be a mommy soon! And that is amazing that they will be able to go home within a few weeks of delivery. AWESOME! Love ya!

Nan and Aaron said...

Yeah!!!! Freedom! We're really excited that you get to go home. You must have been on good behavior. Keep the updates coming, please. I'm so happy that you're going to have healthy little boys. We love and miss you like crazy...so much you were in my dream last night and the boys were already here!

Nan

Anonymous said...

Amy that is such exciting news. I know Kenny would want me to stay longer to... just for the cable. We are so happy for you. If you need any help cleaning, dishes, cooking, anything call me I'm just a few streets away. Congrats again on the move...back home.

- The Lock-Smith's

Tracy said...

AMY!! I am so very happy for you. I can't believe how far you've come. I have missed seeing you at church and at the bank. I think about you guys so much - soon you will have two sweet blessings in your arms. My arms are great baby holders! That is one of my favorite things to do - so use me often!! Chip and I send you our love and best wishes. Can't wait to meet those two little broncos!

Claire said...

Wow, I am so proud of you guys!! Really! That's so awesome you get to go home and I am so glad your babies are doing well and they won't have to be in the hospital as long as you originally thought. Their room looks so cute and so do you Amy! The hospital you're at sounds way nice! I am sure you are so excited to go home though! Good luck with everything! We are thinking of you and praying for you! love, Jaran and Claire

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

Amy, Oh my goodness...finally!!! You are one amazing person....I tell ya very few people would have been able to handle all of this so darn well.....and not to mention you have one heck of a husband...68days..wow!!!! I love and miss you a ton.
Love, Amanda Brayden and Jason