Saturday, November 17, 2007

Home again

As promised, we were able to come home yesterday. It was exciting and a lot of work. I made about five trips from our room to the car with all of our belongings. I crammed everything in our little car and then wheeled Amy out of the hospital. Amy was given strict orders to be on complete bed rest for the entire week. So far she is being very compliant... I think that's partially because she gets winded when she moves too much.

It was a bittersweet experience leaving the antepartum unit at St. Luke's. We've grown to love the nurses and staff there and we can't express enough gratitude for their service and care in our behalf. As we were leaving last night they handed Amy her last certificate and to our surprise they also made me a certificate for 68 days in the antepartum unit. Now I know why Amy always looked forward to those certificates each week, it felt great!

We had another pleasant surprise this week when we found that our second crib had been assembled for us. You may have noticed it in its box in the nursery pictures that we posted last week. Thanks to the anonymous helpers that did that for us. You're very sneaky.

I am having problems with the blog website right now and I am not able to post pictures. I will put up some pictures of our certificates and the new crib when the technical difficulties subside.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Searching for this for some time now - i guess luck is more advanced than search engines