Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tent City

After a day filled with bouncing in houses and slipping in slides, the men got started on "Tent City."  The anticipation was high...we had been prepping for weeks.  The tents were set up in a semi-circle, facing "The Garden of Love."  More on that later.
 With all the boys settling in the tents, Lauren jumped on the opportunity to have a sister pow-wow on the trampoline.  We decided to humor her and gave in.  Nan had baby Caleb to stay with, so she and Mom enjoyed the quiet house all to themselves.  Lindsay, Lauren, and I headed out with our blankets and pillows to the tramp, acting like we were 12.  We spent our time sharing our deepest, darkest secrets.  They were deep.  And dark.  We'll leave it at that.

And we survived and even slept a little.  Trampolines aren't all that comfortable.  Who knew?!  We all rolled to the middle and slept on top of Lauren.  But it was her idea...so I guess that's what she gets.
And all the boys jumped at the chance to wake us in the morning.  Literally.
 
 Lauren gracefully stepped down from the tramp and fell straight through the chair.  We laughed til we cried.



 Mom fed us all a yummy breakfast before some go-kart time.


 That afternoon was spent at Nat-Soo-Pah.  I hadn't been there since...I think Jr. High?  Nothing has changed.  As awesome as ever!
 
 

 Love this picture of Mom and Caleb.  Everyone is in love with Grandma Lori.
 The day finished with pedicures by Lauren.  Not for the girls.  The boys.  Who needs nieces when you have nephews?!

Dirty, colorful toes.  Family time is the best!!!!!

3 comments:

The Mollotte Family said...

Wow!! Every time I read your blog, I think I want to come hang out with you!! Who's this Lauren character? She looks like so much fun!! :)

(me)linda said...

Nothing like a trip home. I haven't been to Nat-Soo-Pah in forever! This post makes me miss my fam... Sister sleepovers on the tramp are the best. :)

(me)linda said...

Nothing like a trip home. I haven't been to Nat-Soo-Pah in forever! This post makes me miss my fam... Sister sleepovers on the tramp are the best. :)