Sunday, May 29, 2011

Randoms

What a crazy busy week. I'm so happy to be starting a new one. Feels like a fresh start after last week. But it was a good busy. We had a first for the boys. We took them to a salon to get their hairs cut. They were pretty shaggy and every time we cut their hair it's a tramatic event. I'm happy to report that we made it out of there in 15 minutes without any tears shed. Totally worth it!



Cade was a little on edge and on the verge of tears the whole time but he stayed strong. He got all shy and didn't say a word to either gal. Carson, on the other hand was his usual chatter-box self and made some new best friends. So fun to see their personalities come out when they interact with others in the outside world.







The middle of my week was filled with my spring piano recital. Man I'm glad it's over and done! It's fun and rewarding but a lot of work and stressful. My students did great and I was reminded of how much I enjoy teaching.
I decided to prepare something to play this time around, which made it that much more stressful. Performing just gets harder and harder. I hate that. I was literally sick to my stomach the entire day. But I'm glad I did it. It forces me to practice pieces that are more technically challenging. And the longer I go without playing solos the harder it gets so I decided to take the opportunity. This time around I choose something short and sweet and fun...to keep the students interested. I mean, who doesn't love Gershwin?! Wasn't perfect but it wasn't a complete bomb either.




I'm anxious for the 2 week break before summer lessons take over!


The rest of my week was filled with practicing music like crazy for a funeral. Funerals are hard but I was happy to help and for the sweet spirit that was felt.




Now that things are calming down, it's time for me to buckle down and finally get my bedroom painted. I've been putting it off for forever. It's time.

6 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Awesome!!! Go you!! I love piano music so much and love that I have several talented friends who play it amazingly! Good job!! Keep sharing your talents!!

Nan and Aaron said...

You're so awesome. And I need the secret to your super cute pony tail!!!!!

julie said...

Agreed! You sounded wonderful! And I also covet your ponytail. :)

Justin and JoLyn said...

That was AWESOME!! Wow!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

You are seriously amazing!

Claire said...

Good job! Your week sounded like mine last week...minus the funeral. I had my spring recital too, and I always like to play something at the end too...mainly for me to keep myself practicing. How many students do you have now? What do you do with your boys while you teach? Well, fun to see what you're up to...one of these days I'll post on my blog too...