Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wicked-ness




It all started with this little number. My friend and I decided it would be fun to make our Wicked debut via Ward Talent Show. But we added our own little twist. We were brave and had a great time.
Be kind. It's not perfect.


After much practice to learn the song on my part, it made sense that my boys ended up knowing the song word-for-word. They belt it and sing their hearts out. Here's a little preview. Carson was being a stinker and didn't want to participate much in front of the camera.



The timing of it all couldn't have been more perfect since we would be seeing Wicked 2 weeks later. I listened to the music like crazy beforehand and haven't let up since the show. To say that is was amazing is an understatement. We had awesome seats and soaked it all in. I still can't stop thinking about it. I want to see it again RIGHT NOW! To witness talent like that makes me emotional. Sometimes I think...why couldn't I have gotten just a little more of that?! Is that so much to ask?


It was a great day with my family and experiencing it with Shane made it the best.


4 comments:

julie said...

you're so pretty! And I get emotional too about talent. Every good song..so like all of them..I'd have the urge to cry. Didn't..this time..NY I was a mess. Yeah, I imagined selling my soul to the devil so I could be talented and be on that stage. I guess I won't. But I considered it.

John and Anna said...

Oh my Amy. I loved your version. And my little two year old clapped after your boys! He was quite impressed, as was I. You are all just too too cool!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

awesome! way to go in the ward talent show. there are alot of people that wouldn't dare do that.

The McGary's said...

Who are you kidding you guys sounded awesome!