Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Old is now New!

It's done (and I'm doing a little happy dance). Here are the pictures to prove it!

To my helpers: this would have been such an un-fun thing to do alone. Thank you for being my cheerleaders and busy bees. I loved having you here!

The table that no longer matches. Oh well.

Ta Da!!!
That bright white microwave is due to die any day now. It will soon be replaced and it will be black, which will make a huge difference.

We added hardware. "Antiqued Silver." Silver, but not shiny. Shiny is just not my style. I love them and think they compliment any black or stainless steel appliances.








So there you have it. It's not perfect, but it's mine. I worked hard on it and I love it. I think it updates and modernizes the house a bit. Although, I still have other items that need to be brought up to speed along with it (kitchen table, some appliances, and I would love to paint the walls something other than white...maybe even a red accent wall. Hmm...will I ever be satisfied?). Step by step and little by little. That's how we have to do things around here.

To my bathroom and laundry room cabinets: I've got my eyes on you!

18 comments:

Jones Family said...

Oh my heck. I don't even know where to begin. IT LOOKS TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Seriously, I can't even believe that THAT is the actual finished project of what I walked away from. It looks perfect. I am still beating myself up for not staying to see the proper painting "technique"....I think you should go pro!!! and I LOVE the antique silver. and...it's done! Hooray!
oh, P.S. that picture of Lauren, HILARIOUS! I still have tears running down my face from laughing so hard! Has she seen that?

Way to go! Ammie Ja!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Hooray!!!!! They look awesome, way to go, woohoo, ok I'll stop now :-)
P.S. Talk Shane into a red accent wall :-) I'll come over to help and the boys can watch our little ones!

Amber said...

looks AWESOME!! nice job!!

The McGary's said...

I LOVE IT!! You are so brave. I wanted to do that in our house (before we sold it) but I was worried I would screw something up. Way to go!

jenny said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE it. You guys did an awesome job. I'm thinking I need to come see it in person!!

CHELZERS said...

LOVE IT!!!! It looks so great. Awesome job!!!

Cara said...

Looks great Amy. That looks like a lot of work. Congrats.

I have a suggestion for your kitchen table. You should paint it red (or a color or your choice) and distress it/antique it. I think it would look awesome and I would even help.

Nicole Ray said...

You did a great job! Let me know if you ever need help painting the walls! Our table use to look like yours and we sanded the top and stained it a reddish brown color and then painted the bottom part(legs) black. Then you could paint all the chairs black!

*LaUrA* said...

Awesome! 100% improvement! Looks so good! Now that you did all that I bet you could sand and paint the table easy. yay! I am so excited...I love to see new improvements like that!

Claire said...

They look awesome! Good job! You should be proud, that's a lot of work...especially to do with 2 kids too :) I'm glad you had some help. Your sisters look like a lot of fun. Home improvement projects are never finished at our house either, there's always something else we want to do :)

John and Anna said...

How Fun! You guys did such a great job! I need to hire you for my house now!:)

Anonymous said...

looks awesome!!! love it good job!

Elder Richey said...

It looks amazing!!

Justin and JoLyn said...

Very Nice! A word of warning: Black is addictive. My sister-in-law told me that black is no longer my accent color--it's my house color! I'm sure she thinks that I must have a little evil in me to love black so much, but I'd don't care!

Jason, Amanda, Brayden and Dillon said...

LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for the pics! Hopefully we see you this week, call me!!!!

Janelle Dobson said...

Looks lovely! Well done. And the picture of Lauren- so, so Chandler. I love it.

Katy said...

ok... this is my second go around looking at this post, because I studied the whole thing thinking how amazing you were and then for some reason got side tracked and never told you that I thought so... I hate people like me. Wow! great work. LOTS of annoying hard prep I am sure. Looks great!

Lacy said...

wow it looks great! Totally modernizes it, but yet all your accents still make it homey.