- Kicked off 2009 with the Tucker Family Biggest Loser. It was fun. I didn't do too hot...I did OK. Brady & Katie were our winners. This was so much fun to do as a family.
- Shane starts a new job with The Amalgamated Sugar Co. He is currently working in Nampa and comes home everyday smelling like sugar. The transition was smooth and we are happy to be where we are. Whenever anyone asks how his job is, he says "pretty sweet." And I have to agree! He continues to be a great Sugar Daddy!
- Shane and I both go to Bogus snowboarding with the youth in our ward...to teach. Get back in touch with our youthful days and we feel cool doing it!
- Family vacation to Park City! Loved spending time with the Tucker family. Carson & Cade did great, because they had their Grandma & Grandpa Tucker attending to their every need, and I found some killer deals on some jeans. They are my favorite to date!
- The twins enter NURSERY! We couldn't have been more thrilled. As a result, my testimony of church attendance returned. Oh...and all nursery leaders will be exalted...I'm sure of it!
- Tom & Annette are called on a mission! They set off to Jackson, Mississippi in July and we have been missing them ever since. Skype has been a lifesaver. Cade & Carson now think they're grandparents live in the TV. We will be visiting them in April and can't wait.
- Luke Reunion in Island Park. Hmmm...what do I have to say about this?! A lot of fun along with a lot of work. Vacations and travel just aren't the same with little ones. Two busy boys + poor sleep + lots of driving = two exhausted parents. But we got to see lots of Aunts and Uncles and Cousins. The things we do for our families! And it was worth it in the end.
- Started teaching piano again. Was worried about it at first. It has been great and so rewarding.
- Shane decides to be an official "Scouty Scout" (according to some youth) and attends WoodBadge. He is now more prepared than ever!
- Thanks to a friend, I finally discovered "The Gilmore Girls." I submit it is one of the greatest shows ever. I really don't think I've been the same since!
- CHICAGO! Mom turned 50, successfully threw the best surprise Birthday Party ever (with the help of my Dad and siblings), left the boys for 5 days, and had quite the time in the Windy City. Can we do this again...like tomorrow?!
- Boys turn two and are as busy as ever. We are still patting ourselves on the back for keeping them alive and happy for two whole years! Their vocabulary has really taken off and the things they do and say make us laugh everyday. Oh...and just for the record..."time-outs" are not working.
- Successful Holiday season. Had a great Christmas recital with my students. Although, we are feeling a bit empty with the absence of our missionary family. Luke comes home from D.C. in May and we will visit Shane's parents around the same time. Seeing them will fill that empty space.
- As a whole, did OK in the 2009 Resolution department. I will spare you the details. I am currently taking note for new ones. We are anticipating a great 2010.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 10:46 AM
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
My sister Lauren & Shane were imitating this commercial and ones similar to it the whole time we were in Twin. I had to see what all the fuss was about. And it is pretty funny...and clever.
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 5:54 PM
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 12:41 PM
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
- Visit with Santa. CHECK.
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 2:11 PM
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
This is a time of the year that most people love. And with good reason. Cliche, but there really is something "in the air" to make this a happy time of the year. Here are some of my favorites. Things that make it feel like Christmas.
"First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle."
"I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up."
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
Hope you are all enjoying this special time of year.
What are some of your favorites?
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 9:11 PM
Monday, December 7, 2009
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 12:03 PM