Today is an exciting day for 2 reasons:
First and foremost, early this morning, the twins got a new cousin!!! Wesley Hobbs Chandler was born this morning in Virginia. From what I hear, Natalie was a champ! Way to go!!! We are so excited for the new addition and wanted to congratulate Aaron & Nan. If only we could see him sooner. We will get to meet little baby Wesley in August...can't wait! They haven't posted any pictures quite yet but they will be coming...so you can check out their blog if you are interested. Congrats again. We love you guys.
Secondly, we have another roly poly!!! Carson finally rolled today! For goodness sakes, it is about time my little man! He went from his back to his belly all by himself 4 times in a row. Boy was I proud. The way he does it is so different from how Cade rolls. Cade arches his back and then just picks up his head and...ta da! Carson, on the other hand literally looks like a roly poly bug. He goes over to the side all scrunched up in a big ball. Once he's over far enough, he unfolds out onto his tummy. He looks pretty funny while he's in the act. I'll have to try to catch some pictures of him while he's in action.
Yea for today!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Today is an exciting day for 2 reasons:
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 3:32 PM
Friday, June 27, 2008
Time to document a few more things for the boys. I know I'll forget these little things down the road. The boys turn 7 months today! Crazy, crazy. They are constantly learning and discovering new things and it is so fun to watch them go through the process. So, here's what's new.
- He's a little grunting/squealing boy...or should I say...pig? He seriously sounds like a baby pig. It's like his new laugh. It is hilarious.
- Is finally showing some interest in the idea of rolling. Yes...my 7 month old baby WILL NOT roll! He just doesn't want to. I've been working with him for MONTHS forcing him to do it. Up until now, he hasn't EVER tried to do it on his own. The last few days, I've caught him trying to roll over to his tummy on his own. He can't quite do it but he's dang close. I'm just happy to see that he is actually trying!
- Has more control over his hands and has stopped scratching himself! He only does it when he gets super tired, but it has improved immensely. His face is no longer constantly beat up! Woo Hoo!!!
- Has almost mastered the art of sitting up. Because he's more physically sedentary, he has an easier time sitting up. He will still topple over to the sides if he's not careful but he's improved quite a bit in the last month.
- Is on the move...boy is he on the move! He is such a squirmy little man. He just can't seem to sit still for a second. He is doing all he physically can to crawl...gets up on all fours but then gets frustrated and doesn't know what to do.
- Scoots on his back like a little inchworm. During church, he'll scoot himself down the entire isle.
- Has found his vocal chords! He's always been a little more quiet than Carson...still is. But in the last month, his talking has greatly increased. He has such a cute little voice and is trying out new sounds everyday.
- Loves to laugh. He is so easy to make giggle. He laughs at the most random things...you never know when it's going to start.
- LOVE anything you give them to eat. Neither of them are picky and eat whatever I give them. Good little eaters!
- Still are taking 3 naps a day. They are getting close to dropping that 3rd quick snooze but aren't quite there. They are also still sleeping 10 hours at night. I'm pretty spoiled!
- LOVE the water. They have swimming quite a few times now and seem to really like it. They have never once fussed over it. It has been lots of fun.
- Are still loving their little feet. They don't suck on them but play with them non-stop.
- They have discovered each other. They are been starring at one another for awhile now but they recently have been smiling more at each other. It is SO cute. You have to watch them closely though...they start scratching each other's eyes out rather quickly. They can't play too close to each other unless you have a constant eye on them! Otherwise, one of them will end up in tears.
- Re-reading the "Twilight" series, getting geared up for the new book in August!!!
- Changing LOTS of smelly diapers.
- Trying to lose those extra pounds. Okay...not on a "diet" per say but trying to eat healthier and cook healthier all around. I've got some bad habits that NEED to be broken.
- Spending too much time blogging...what's new!
- In need of a haircut...hopefully in July!
- Very into "So You Think You Can Dance!"
- Loving Carrie Underwood's latest album "Carnival Ride"
- Changing MORE stinky diapers...LOTS of diapers!
- Just got notice of his promotion at work!!! Way to go honey buns...SO proud of you!!!
- Working, working, working...gotta keep up with those added/new responsibilities with work. Working so that Mom can be at home...Mom is SO grateful!
- Trying to learn Photo Shop. Has gotten into video editing and spends lots of his extra time, if any, playing with a few different programs.
- Also changing LOTS of diapers!!! Helps TONS with his boys while he is home.
- Supporting his wifey in her attempt to eat and cook healthier! Taking sack lunches to work willingly!!!:)
- Continues to be the best Hubby and Daddy a family could ask for. Is greatly appreciated by his wife and kiddies!
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 12:49 PM
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 4:31 PM
Monday, June 23, 2008
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 10:29 AM
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 9:20 PM
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 9:02 PM
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 8:58 PM
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
So, I have recently discovered a new love for reading. I have never been one to read much but I found myself desperate while down on bedrest. I spent most of my time reading and thoroughly enjoyed it. I find it so much more enjoyable than TV which again, is a surprise to me! Anyway, I have recently finished some good books and thought I might share in case you are looking for a good read.
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult: This is a really interesting story about two sisters that have more in common than they might have hoped. It is a little sad but really good too. Just a warning, there is a little language in it but not too bad. I really enjoyed it.
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull: This is a series comparable to Harry Potter...or so they say. I haven't read Harry Potter but am thinking I just might. I didn't think I would enjoy fantasy books but I love them. This is a really good fun series...currently with three books released. Easy, fun read for sure!!!
I am starting The Host today and am super excited. I will let you know what I think when I'm finished!!! I would love any other suggestions. I am always looking for good books to dive into! I am a new woman now that I have discovered reading!!!
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 4:32 PM
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Weight: 15.5 lb. (12th percentile)
Height: 26.25 in. (38th percentile)
Weight: 14 lb. (3rd percentile)
Height: 25 in. (5th percentile)
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 5:00 PM
So, we ventured out the other night to get the boys' 6 month pictures done. Our last attempt at 3 months didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped so I was hoping for a smoother run this time. I prepped the boys for about a week. We all know how Carson likes to give himself battle scares so he has been sporting fuzzy socks for the past week or so. I've also been doctoring Cade's face. He's had this dry spot on his upper lip for quite some time now. It doesn't ever seem to heal because of the constant slobber that covers it. So I've been faithful at keeping it dry and moisturized. It wasn't completely gone but I knew that I couldn't keep Carson's face scratchless much longer. I decided to make my move and get them done. So strategic...who knew planning pictures could be so complex??? When we strolled them in, they had huge bibs on to catch any unexpected spit up and Carson was still sporting his socks. I was not about to let him ruin all my hard work!!! Needless to say, they looked like...they had a super paranoid Mom. It was game time and the boys were ready. They were happy and looking cuter than ever. We started the photo session with the two of them together. The picture lady, bless her heart, was all excited to get to smile...maybe a little too excited. Cade tends to be sensitive to sudden noise in his face. It didn't take but 5 seconds to have that little boy in tears...I mean, big crocodile tears. It was like she scared him and he didn't know what to think and just cried. This couldn't happen!!! After all of my preparation, this couldn't happen! But...it did. I would take Cade, get him all happy again and then set him down for another attempt. More tears. So, this first picture was the best one that we got with the two of them together. I have to be honest...I LOVE it! It's classic and just sums up the experience. To my surprise, we did get some cute pictures of both of them individually and overall, I was very pleased. It was just funny when it all came crashing down. No matter how hard I try, I just can't control EVERYTHING! Bummer!!!
Their little personalities are so cute. Cade, who is most often the most calm and easy going at home clams up in public. Carson can be a handful and super high-maintenance at home but is the biggest charmer in public. Did he have problems taking pictures...of course not!!! It is just funny to watch them both in action. Here are the results from our 6 month picture day.
I know I'm super biased but I think my boys are pretty darn handsome. To add to their cuteness, they also have some dynamite personalities! What more can a Mom ask for?!??
Posted by Shane and Amy Jo at 4:41 PM